Monday, July 2, 2007

national dragonboat festival 2007 - 30th june, 1st july

saturday

heats - we came in first ! ming and victoria came to support ! :) followed us around and took pictures for me (felt like a star HAHA) race started at the horn, we broke out at the start and led to the finish with a time of 5min22sec .
it was really great and the feeling of breaking the finish line first's smth i'l never ever forget. esp on my virgin dragonboat race. after tht it was time to rest and get ready for sunday's final (:

sunday

we lost the final ): dont knw wht exactly went wrong - messy apparently. rowed until my arm nearly fell off and i nearly collapsed at the end but still.. sigh. at least our timing improved - 5min10sec. this has taught me tht teamwork can be everything and without, it can break everything.. thanks to everyone on the team for all the encouragement and serene's "mel, quan kao ni le!" before the race; spurred me to give it all without a care of wht cld happen past the finish line. it was all-in-all a great great experience - learnt so much and got to knw so many more really nice people. thanks to raphael and rueben for teaching me everything i knw about the sport and for walking with us every step of the way. after tht we talked bout the Round Singapore Challenge with an estimated finish time of 30hours. whoo endurance paddling. i'm definitely up for it! we'll see.

today

woke up later (yay), breakfast, brought siblings to cine to watch Goal!2. was pretty okay. to be continued.. hmm. thn to SCB to return my pass and hand in the timesheet.. back home to stone, got the email about CityChase 2007! huiying said she'll join with me but we'll see how. really dont wna torture her. its an amazingrace kinda thing. sent the mail to gool ol' senior Serene. she's damn on bout it. if she cant join corporate with the rest, perhaps i'l pair with her and spare hy the agony (thanks for offering though dear (:)

speaking of the weather (damn random HAHA) its super humid, cant stop perspiring at all! argh. hvnt exercised today, doubt i'm gna do it. lol.

i love this song by MLTR; it's called Nothing To Lose. enjoy (:

There are times when you make me laugh
There are moments when you drive me mad
there are seconds when I see the light
though many times you made me cry
There's something you don't understand
I want to be your man
Chorus
Nothing to lose your love to win
Hoping so bad that you'll let me in
I'm at your feet Waiting for you
I've got time And nothing to lose
There are times when I believe in you
These moments when I feel close to you
there are times I think That I am yours
though many times I feel unsure
There's something you don't understand
I want to be your man
Chorus
Nothing to lose your love to win
Hoping so bad that you'll let me in
I'm on your feet waiting for you
I've got time and nothing to lose
I'll always be around you keep an eye on you
and i won't let you down cos you're the only one
Chorus
Nothing to lose your love to win
Hoping so bad that you'll let me in
I'm at your feet waiting for you
I've got time and nothing to lose

out, hot and wet

No comments: